Opportunity Zones and Cannabis
Significant Tax Benefits for High Yield Investments
Opportunity Zones investments have the potential to generate more than double the after-tax profits compared to a standard taxable portfolio.
This disparity grows disproportionately with higher yielding investment portfolios, like those within cannabis and other high-growth markets.
10 Years of Cannabis Market Acceptance & Growth
US consumer spending on cannabis will reach $47.3B by 2027, from $11B in 2018 (an 18% CAGR).
Cannabis properties provide longevity within the nascent industry through licenses, real (flexible) assets and supporting high-volume tenant-operators with growing demands.
Experienced Team and High-Quality Network
The BaseCanna team brings $5 billion of collective transaction experience, deep industry relationships and an integrated acquisition-management team.
Our relationships offer us off-market deal sourcing along with consistent tenant demand from existing and emerging operators.
Opportunity Zones 101
What is an Opportunity Fund?
What are Opportunity Zones?
Why invest in an Opportunity Fund?
How does Opportunity Fund investing work?
There are three primary advantages to rolling over a capital gain into an Opportunity fund:
- Defer: the payment of your capital gains until Dec 31, 2026
- Reduce: the tax you owe by up to 15% after 7 years
- Pay Zero: tax on gains earned from the Opportunity
BaseCanna Opportunity Fund
What investments qualify?
The BaseCanna Model
In each state, with high-volume and rapidly expanding markets, operators are emerging with significant property and equipment needs. These businesses seek licenses in each market, quality real estate and equipment, exceptional management, and turn-key services.
BaseCanna purchases and renovates licensed cannabis properties and releases space to qualified operators under membership agreements.
A compelling (tax advantaged) long-term investment for the future of cannabis
If you will realize a sizable capital gain in the near future, or are interested in growing a portion of an existing unrealized capital gain, and you are considering a cannabis investment. you should not miss one of the most exciting investment developments in recent history.
A BaseCanna OZ Fund provides three main benefits to investors:
- Tax sheltering for high yield, high appreciation vehicle in a market experiencing 18% CAGR over the next decade
- Significant long-term cannabis upside from property and license appreciation
- Considerable alternative-use downside protection from changes in market conditions and cannabis legislation
Investment Highlight: Fund Acquisition #1
BaseCanna Downtown Los Angeles
- Fully approved cannabis cultiavtion, manufacturing and distribution
- 30,000 sqft in prime downtown location
- 7 min drive to Staples Center
- Established operators with estimated revenue $40m+